Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thank you, Mommy.

So another year came and went, and now Gavin, my sweet, bubby boy, is 2! I remember being younger, and it felt like it took an eternity to get from one Christmas to the next. It felt like next week, was a month away. I wish that time would feel like that again to me, but now it flies by and I sit and look at my children and wonder ... when? I know Logan is only 4 months old, but when Everlee (my best friend's daughter) was born, and I compared them, it really made me realize that Logan's isn't a newborn anymore. I can't believe how much difference there is between a newborn and a 4 month old. As much as I love to watch them all grow and learn, it breaks my heart to watch them do it.

A two year old can't say a whole lot, not to mention he's a tad behind from his hearing problems. He got his tubes at about 16 months old, and he passed his hearing test and we've had no more problems. I count on Gavin to show me what he wants and how he feels, but yes, sometimes he can tell me in a few words. So the day of his birthday (the 23rd) we were sitting on the couch, just him and me, when he leaned over, out of nowhere, and gave me a great big kiss and a huge, cheesy grin!! Gavin doesn't kiss on the the lips, or at all really. When you give him kisses he leans his head in to you and makes you kiss him, on the cheek. When I told Robert about it, he told me that it was Gavin's way of saying "Thank you for giving me life, Mommy". Of course that brought tears to my eyes. So, to my sweet Gavin, thank you and your brother and sister, for giving my life meaning.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Gavin. Life goes bye so fast. Espicially when you have kids. So True!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday big (but not too big!) boy! That would bring tears to my eyes too :)

    ReplyDelete