Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mommyhood isn't all sparkles & sunshine

Sometimes it can make you feel like a complete failure. One wrong or too late decision can make a huge difference. I almost didn't take Logan to the ER last night. Why should I have? He had a bad cough and he was hoarse, but the hoarseness could have been from all the coughing. The coughing was just a viral infection, same one that caused his SECOND ear infection in the past month. You can't do anything about viral, except let it run its course. He was already on augmenten, the second strongest antibiotic. But I went, I risked exposing him to even sicker people, b/c he was just pitiful. His weak cry, hoarse cry broke my heart, and I finally gave in and went at about 10:30. We were only there for about 2 hours, we didn't wait long b/c a baby breathing hard at only 4 months old gets first priority, unless someone walks in missing a leg or something.

So the nurse hears wheezing, the DR. doesn't, but he orders an x-ray. Well, its pneumonia. Beginning stages, my paranoia caught it early and he didn't have to be admitted. What if I wouldn't have went, I almost didn't!! He didn't even have a fever!! Pneumonia can kill people, if I would have waited one more night.... how bad would it have been? He got a booster shot of antibiotics and a stronger prescription. His cough and breathing are better today and hes still a smiling, laughing, cooing, happy boy. It breaks my heart that he can feel so yucky but still wanna talk and smile at us. Mommy's little trooper, I know it has to hurt him to breathe. I guess I'm gonna have to quarantine my children. They never go anywhere, EVER, none of my kids are in daycare... I just don't understand how he can have this. We literally NEVER leave the house. If I have errands, I wait until their daddy gets home. So, in all my mommy protectiveness, I'm gonna start attacking everyone who walks in my door w/ Lysol. Don't think I'm kidding, when DH walks in the door from work today, I'll have the hand sanitizer and Lysol can waiting.

Sigh, well now that my self pity rant is OVER, I'm making up for missing yesterdays' picture today as well as posting today's picture. Yesterday was kinda hectic so I never got around to getting on here. So day 9 and 10 will be... drum roll please.... the first picture is Rileigh & Logan, and the second picture is just Logan being cute, my sweet, blue-eyes baby boy.

Day 9


Day 10

4 comments:

  1. Heather- you almost made me tear up! I'm so sorry little Logan is going through this, but I'm so glad to hear it's just in the early stage, and is not much worse!!! The thing about being a parent- sometimes you just have to let your instincts guide you... :) You're a wonderful momma, don't be hard on yourself! There's no manual, after three- YOU KNOW THAT! :P I hope he is 100% HIMSELF soon!!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart broke for you too. It brought back awful memories of Jace at 3yrs being admitted for pneumonia, and again at 5yrs. It's SO hard seeing our babies sick, and yah...Momma's instinct is a wonderful thing, never doubt it.

    The first photo made me giggle...Rileigh's hair looks like Logan's LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww poor little guy :( It's so frustrating when we as parents try so hard to protect babies from sickness and they get it anyway :( I almost teared up too....I just hate having to take babies to the hospital!

    ReplyDelete