Monday, February 15, 2010

Tubes... again?

So my sweet Logan is on his 4th ear infection in less than 5 months. They said if he gets 2 more before he turns one year old (looks promising, huh?) that he'd be referred for tubes. Right now he's on omnicef since he's been getting them back to back. I'm not sure if its doing anything? This is his 4th day on it and he's still pulling at his ear and not sleeping well.

He's just so little! I mean he's only been breathing for 5 month, how could someone put him to sleep? I know its better for him, because Gavin's made a world of difference. He went from failing his hearing test, to hearing and talking almost overnight, plus, no more ear infections. Which is definitely a plus!! So I know the routine and I know its not "that bad". But how can any mother seriously not worry and be perfectly fine when they walk off with her baby to put under anesthesia.

I know I'm sorta jumping the gun here, but the odds of him having 2 more infections before his first birthday, well... they aren't in our favor. So, here's to hoping that we have no more infections and we won't have to go through all that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment