Monday, February 8, 2010

Just Mommy

Earlier today, after Logan finished nursing, he laid in my arms and just stared at me. He raised his little hand and kept laying it on my face with the most serious expression! When I smiled, he just stared and didn't smile back. It occurred to me then, he was intently studying my features, memorizing them. Of course, my mind that never stops, started thinking of a lot of things at once.

Usually, when someone stares you down, you feel uncomfortable and start wondering which imperfections they're focusing on. Logan doesn't see my imperfections. He doesn't notice if my hair wasn't brushed, or if I had a pimple or two somewhere, all he saw was mommy. The one who feeds him, changes him, cuddles, hugs, and kisses him. When he cries, I fix it, when he's sick, I make him feel better. If he's cold, I make him warm, whenever he needs me, I'm there. He studied me with heartwarming adoration, for the person who makes him happy. It was such an amazing bonding moment, and I just looked back at him until he started to doze off in my arms.

One day, I won't be the only women he looks at with adoration. Honestly, I don't know how I'm gonna let any of my babies go when its time, but for now, I don't have to think about it. No matter what everyone else sees when they look at me, imperfections and all; to my sweet babies, I'm mommy. There has never been anything more amazing than being "just mommy", with all the ups and downs that come with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment